jerry's search

Custom Search

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

What is wrong with people

Here is my stories from the last couple weeks.

Story number 1,

This is a good story and doesn't really go with the title. I pulled into the diamond shamrock station to get my morning supply of diet soda, on my way to work a couple weeks ago. I get out of my car, and dude in the car next to me says, I hate to trouble you, but I have a job interview over on federal but don't have the gas to get there.

Dude was driving what looked like a 91, subaru and wearing what looked like his best attempt at business attire. So I say, sure pull up to the pump, and he say great thanks, I swipe my card and give him the pump and he says, how much should i put in? I say, fill it and good luck at the interview,I go into the gas station get my soda, come out and he had stopped at 7.50 and he thanks me and says that is more than enough. Thank you very much and drives off.

He could have been pulling my leg or not who knows.

Story 2

This girl comes up to me in the Wal-marts parking lot (little bit of a side note, refering to things like the wal-mart using the is a very south eastern utah thing to do) I didn't realize it until i started writing letters for my boss who would then go through them and cross out nearly every article I used, who knew) Anyway, This woman but I say woman I mean barely, maybe 20 maybe comes up to me crying and says, my baby's dad didn't pay child support and now i have to choose between rent and formula. So and she says, I need like 12 more dollars or something like that, so I say, lets go inside and get you some formula. Then she says, that is okay, I'll just take the money. I say, I will buy you some formula but I am not giving you cash, and she walks off.

Some people!

2 comments:

Adam said...

Huh. I've had that happen to me once. Better yet, there's a friend of mine who tried to give a homeless person half of his sandwich, but it turns out she didn't like what was on it.

As he put it, " I guess beggars CAN be choosers..."

KJ said...

ungrateful people..or, more like scammers...with the chick anyway.

you're a good egg jerry. =)