jerry's search

Custom Search

Monday, July 4, 2011

4th of July

I was talking to some people at the office, and around my office, there are only 2 of maybe 35 people that have tattooes, well 2 that i know of, i suppose there maybe more, and actually I think it is likely 2 dudes have them but I dont' know about it.  They're both ex army dudes, army dudes seem to like them.

I realize it is likely a me problem as lots of folks have them now, but I really can't think of anything I want on me permanently.  Not that I have a fear of permanence or anything but have you seen those dudes, and by dudes I mean both mean and women that are all sleaved up.  With tats everywhere?  Does that say anything other than, what i put on my body isn't all that important and I do not want to be taken seriously.

A few days ago I heard about a study, This study showed that defendants found guilty faced harsher sentencing if they had tattoos the judge and/or jury could see in the trial.  I have no idea if this was true or not, or if it was a coincidence, as in, most of the cats with neck tats in the survey had prior convictions, and stuff and there for deserved harsher sentencing, or if the study was controlled for that. But it makes me think, fashion should not be perm. and it shouldn't get you more jail time.

Which finally brings me to my point, i heard someone talking about Labrone James and comparing his marketing to that of tiger woods and jordan. Despite the obvious differences in that woods and jordan have won a lot of titles, they also despite rather huge personality problems. Jordan gambles a lot, and Woods knows all to well how to stick it in the hole.  I mean isn't that perfect, the dude who dominates golf, has like 20 mistresses.   but that is neither here nor there, what this piece was focusing on was the marketability.  I think that James marketability suffers a great deal by his having oodles of tats.

And dude is like 24, what do you do when you hit like 30 and finally the important stuff has happened in your life, you have a wife and kids, but you're already sleaved, can you get tat redos?  That is a serious question?

Anyway, I you get a tat, that is fine, get 2 that is likely also fine, but get 65 and they are on your hands, well, just know that I am not going to trust you, and i am not going to take anything you ahve to say seriously. Until I get to know you, then you can overcome this, but most people i see like that I do not get to know.

1 comment:

Zach Cheatham said...

Keep posting.....awesome