jerry's search

Custom Search

Friday, February 3, 2012

Are you serious

As i have been home with the daughter all week, i've watched  alot of Calliou. So I gots to thinking, why is this four year old bald.

As I am not this first one to wonder this the publishers of this children's crap have an answer.

Caillou stands for all children. He doesn't have curly blond hair, a carrot-top, brown hair, glasses, or ethnic features, because he represents all children. We wanted to make Caillou universal so every child could identify with him. And they do! Caillou's baldness may make him different, but we hope it's helping children understand that being different isn't just okay, it's normal.

What a load of crap that is.  I mean dude is caucasian.  His parents are both white, have brown hair and american accents. his sister had red hair, his parents have brown hair.  This is crappy loaded crap served up with crap forn an explanation.

So this ethicsless child that is supposed to represent all children, belongs to a clearly white American family? But he is not white, or any other definition of ethicity, you would assign to it, as I know race and ethnicity are not the same, but i really don't understand this answer.

So Calliou is supposed to help kids that don't fit in within their own family?  That makes no sense.

Calliou has black friends, and deaf friends, and handicap friends, and autistic friends, but he is supposed to be indentityless.

Wouldn't it make more sense, to not make point that despite our ethnical differences we're still all people? Rather then trying to say that we shouldn't have ethnically based identification?  I mean people should be proud of who they are and who they came from, but only to the point that they think this is who i am and embrace it.

The people before me had made an imprint on my life, my dad, my grandparents, and it is likely either the presence or lack of presence of my grand parents grand parents had a direct impact on their lives. I can get back 4 generations at least, that has likely had a direct impact on my life.  I am proud of the people who came before me. 

This doesn't mean however that I think my people are better than your people.  Those people suck.

Calliou sucks ass, differences should be celebrated not mitigated.

1 comment:

theodora said...

wonderful site....visit www.unn.edu.ng for more information