jerry's search

Custom Search

Friday, February 3, 2012

Charities

So over on the magic website, I posted a reaction to komen, and 1/2 heartidly said komen is back on the list of chairites that I support.

As it is also time to do my taxes, I thought I would put a list together for everyone to use to guide their charitable donations.   :-D  Yes i know you don't care who i support but I find this list somewhat revealing.  I need to support more dude issues.

Women's Bean Project
Big city Mountaineers
Colorado Public Radio
Colorado College
Wounded Warrior Project
Alex's Lemonade Stand
MISS Foundation
The Delores Project
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
Komen 


That is the list of organizations that received mostly token donation   The biggest recipient was our church which i will refrain from listing. I think having faith is a good thing. I don't think faith is better then yours, I mean other than it is mine ;-D.

And actually, I suppose the only women issues I donated to last year were the women's bean project and the delores project and komen, although dudes can get breast cancer.  It is mostly a women's issue. Other than, as a dude, I enjoy breasts, and secondly and far more importantly, as the mother of my daughter is in fact a not a dude. I would be lost without her.  I can not imagine having to face life without her, or the spawn facing life without her.  So that one is really a dudes need their mom, wifes, sisters, and friends issues.


The women's bean project and the Dolores project are women issues but they're in response to men being jerk offs, so those are men issues.

Colorado College has an environmental studies program, I donate to them on earth day.


This is my list, and it isn't meant to brag, I don't donate very much to each organization.  But this is the list of charities sanctioned by Me. 

No comments: