jerry's search

Custom Search

Saturday, February 5, 2011

new post and about freaking time

It turns out I have been more than a little lackadaisical in my posting.  But that might stem from my not having anything to say.  I can't figure out why I have not been posting much other then I've tried not to make political or governmental comments now that I am a fed.  FYI flashing your badge is fun.  HEHE.

Anyway, not sure what this is going to be about but this is what has popped into my head just now.  Jacks of all trades are really guys that aren't good at anything.  This is sort of inspired by my job, it turns out as revenue agents, we are expected to know the accounting and tax laws for all industries which often pits us against people who specialize in the areas that have specialized accounting, i.e. banks, insurance companies, mining, oil and gas.  They have their own odd rules.

That reminds me, I am sorta a jack of all trades too, i need to get a hobby and develop it.  It s like the word ambidextrous.   Are there really people who are good with both hands or are they just equally bad at both.  Ambisinister.  That is a word a learned a while back and haven't had a reason to use but i like it. 

This year however, my goal is to pay off some credit card debt, maybe next year I'll develop a hobby, but for today I am going to focus on debt reduction.

1 comment:

Abby said...

Oooh, debt reduction! That was our "hobby" for the past couple of years. I think the day we paid off the mortgage will remain more memorable than our wedding day! (which was really just for the moms anyway).