jerry's search

Custom Search

Monday, February 7, 2011

super bowl ads

I was watching the super bowl and the thing i noticed most was this, there are a lot of different car companies advertising on the superbowl, chrysler, hundayi, bmw, audi, volkswagon.  those are the spots I can remember, I remember thinking the Eminem commericial did nothing for me.

However, after listen to the rush limbaugh show today, I have changed my mind.  Rush had some british ninny subing for him. This guy was trashing detroit for being a city that was the equivlent to european cities after WWII.  He said it lies in ruin and he was suprized they could find a theatre in Detroit that hadn't been looted.

Then it bagged on Chrysler for the ad that said something like this is the motor city this is how we do it, or something like that.  Dude on Rush was bagging on them for it.  I was thinking, sure detroit is in a down turn, sure it is having trouble but if the people that remain there, can't make a product and tout it as being from there, they should quit.

This was a good ad i think.  It shows acknoledged detroit has been through hard times, but rather then lie in ruin it claims to have made them stronger,  I like that message.  Also I get to ad someone to my list of the world would be a better place if this person got hit by a bus list.  If i could just remember his name.

Also I liked the Volkswagon ad best.

1 comment:

Abby said...

Yeah, that volkswagon ad was the BEST! I think there was a football game somewhere in there too.