jerry's search

Custom Search

Thursday, October 6, 2011

I am not a mormon

So this weekend I saw the commercials that say that "I am a Mormon."

It might just be me, but those commercials remind me of a 12 step program.  I could make a commercial that says, that I am Jerry, I am an accountant, husband, father, son and I am a recovering alcoholic.

They also crack me up.

I actually tried to be a Mormon a few times, growing up it would have been easier to be one, so you take the lessons read the crap the missionaries tell you to read then they ask you to pray about it and open your heart.  I did that and this is what my heart says.  This is a bunch of crap.

I am a Christian.  I go to a nondenominational chruch,  Probably from where I grew up, or maybe just my interpretation of things, but i bristle at those who force their religion on others.  This is what jerry thinks.

If you are not willing to listen and learn about other peoples beliefs, you have no right to share your beliefs.

So if you are telling me that i need to listen to the teachings of Joe, or Mohammad or Jesus, or Buddha, if you're not willing to learn about the other teachings then shut the f. up.

2 Sundays ago, the pastor who is not the usual pastor at our church, gave a sermon on sharing the good news.  Those message anger me, because they're steeped in creating divisions in society.  We no the truth, god favors us more than he does them.  Well if that is the God they believe in I want no part in your faith.

I am fairly certain I was taught God loves people, not some people or a few people, but all people.

All of the leaders of the LDS church were alive and supported the church when it disallowed entrance into the chruch for black people, and interacial marriages where viewed as punishable by death.  The later part of that was said by Brigham Young.  Hey is looked at as a profit by Mormons.  That is all I need to know about the church.

If they LDS chruch was true and the president had spoke directly with god, if gods speaker said something like that, I want no part in that god.

Also which is why i got thinking this.  Mitt Rommney is a Mormon.  I wouldn't vote for him anyway because he is also a republician, but I wouldn't vote for Rommney because he is a mormon. Which I know is prejudicial, but this is my weak defensive of that thinking.

I have spoke to a lot of mormons who will vote for him becuase he is a mormon,  That is equally prejudicial.

I am Jerry, I am not a mormon, and I will never be one.

No comments: