jerry's search

Custom Search

Monday, October 31, 2011

I want

1. I want a new coat.
2. new coats are expensive
3. I will put off getting a new coat for a while as said new coats are expensive.

1. I want a new tv.
2. new tvs are expensive
3. I will put off getting a new tv for a while as said new tvs are expensive.

1. I want an exotic vacation to Europe.
2. Going to Europe is expensive
3. I will put off going to Europe becuase going to Europe is expensive

1. I want a new house
2. new houses are expensive (not nearly as expensive as they where when i got my townhome in 2006, but nevermind that)
3. I will put that off for a while

On the plus side, i have a semi new car that runs well, I am not in danger of lossing my house, I have a healthy baby.  I have a smokin' hot wife, my dog rocks ( and not just because he is named neil diamond).  The Steelers just beat the patriots. My daughter is doing great.  I have a good job, even if it causes people to sorta cringe.

Things are going great, but I just can't stop thinking I want this and that.

A want that I get to have, I want to run a marathon when I am 40.  That is my new goal.  I think i can do it, i just need to be consistent in my training, and well get some training.

1 comment:

Abby said...

You can do it! I'm passed 40 so... but YOU can!

This reminds me of a book I read by a guy who taught writing for the Peace Corps to Chinese people. He gave them "15 minutes to write about anything you want".

They all just made wish lists.