jerry's search

Custom Search

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

running

So i ran sunday, a 5k, and I ran today, 3.0 miles, i was going to do 5k, but I got a phone call, anyway.  When i say run I mean mostly run.  I did really good at running at first, made it 16 minutes of running to start, but then I got to a hill that seems so well unnoticeable while i am driving.  But i walked only for a bit, then i ran, after that I ran 4 minutes walked 1 minute

My legs feel like Jell-O.  So I got that going for me, which I also explains why i am up at 3am.  Well not really, but I am up cause my leg cramped while i was sleeping, and well, that hurts and now i am not tired.

That isn't true, now i am worried about it cramping again, if i go back to sleep, so i am up trying water, which i don't feel like, but I have heard that is the best thing for cramps, and a lot of other stuff.

Speaking of water, and no idea if this is related to my weight loss or merely coincidence, but I also quit partaking diet soda in either Feb or March.  One day the day i quit, I sorta took inventory, I was 4 liters into the day, and it wasn't a remarkable day by any means.  So I said, to myself, self, that is just gross.

So my short term goal (end of August is to get to 179 lbs, at least dabble with it, this is also my weight loss tale.  I weigh in each morning I had daily data from January, but when my old cell phone me its ultimate end I lost all that.  So now i have daily data from July, but still shows the same crap over a short period it doesn't start out at 201.

but here is what i learned, my weight fluctuates alot within a day  don't go as high as before and the lows keep getting lower.

so sunday i weighted in at 183.5, yesterday (monday) 184.5.  I feel like this morning will be slightly higher, but by like between now and next sunday I should hit 183 at least once.

 Anyway, at work a guy keeps asking me how much weight you want to lose?  I don't know that, it turns out i have never been a healthy weight.  I was 130 pretty much till 24 or so, then shot to 180 or so in like a year.  I weighted in roughly the same for the next 15 years.  A couple times I lost a bit of weight, but i never got into the 160 or hit the 200 (well till this year).

So the BMI scale says I should weight around 155, but seems slight.   who knows
  

1 comment:

Abby said...

I think it's good to have goals. Short term ones are good. No pop, I think that's a great one. I eat a banana every day, along with keeping hydrated. In high school, we were always told to eat bananas to keep the cramps away, anyway.