jerry's search

Custom Search

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Why do i have to think of everything

Okay maybe I don't' think of everything and I rarely know things like where I set my keys down. Occasionally I stumble upon an idea that is purely epiphanisitic (not sure that is a word but it is like epiphany but an adjective instead). The other day I had one of these

As is the custom in my life i was in the restroom. Not a public one by my own restroom, and I was plunging away with my plunger doing the one task that requires a plunger.
I got to thinking why in the name of all that is holy is the handle on the particular tool so short. I mean it was about 24 inches, this is foolishness. So I head to the home depot to get a plunger that doesn't require such intimacy with the offending toilet.

They don't have any with longer handles, which I discovered the reason for later, but I save that bit.

So I get a plunger and than go to the painting section and buy a wooden extension so you can paint the tops of your walls. Unscrew the plunger handle screw on the paint handle and Eureka I've a plunger with a 60 inch handle. With this plunger in my hand i can go abouts the business of vigorously plunging the commode without worrying about getting back splash on my hands or worse yet near my face.

This worked with the greatly desired result of free flowing water.

Now how every I have a plunger with a 5 foot handle and am struggling to determine where to store it.

This is my request for the plunger manufacturing companies of the world. I want a plunger with a telescoping handle that easily extends to 5 feet but can be stored under a bathroom sink.

Here is a tip, it should telescope from the top not the bottom, there shouldn't be any joints that must be submerged in nastiness. The joints should start at the top and go up.

Thank you for considering my ideas.

3 comments:

Abby said...

It's been a while since we've had a Jerry-in-the-bathroom story. 'bout time.

5 ft. plunger handle? But it's really not the size of the handle that matters, it's how you use it.

brandy101 said...

Hey Jerry-

Why not work on that in your spare time and make MILLIONS! They can sell it in an infomercial!

That is, actually, a good idea.

Anonymous said...

Ewww, bathroom splash in the face is very nasty. I see your point. Wanna make me a five foot plunger too? Maybe like brandy said you should invent that telescoping plunger. Go Jerry Go!!! LOL