jerry's search

Custom Search

Friday, February 27, 2009

Phish pish. WTF?

I enjoy me some jam band music more them most of your average non weed smokin' CPA types. I suppose I like jam band music more than your average regular folk to, but nevermind that. I mean my favorite band is Widespread Panic, I love me some moe., Dave Matthews Band, The Greatful Dead, the Almond Brothers, String Cheese Incident, Galactic. I think I get some jam band credit for simply knowing some of these bands, but like I said, I likes me some jam bands.

I even likes me some Phish food.



After all who doesn't.

Here is a clip of the band playing a song.



Over at Wikipedia this is the first paragraph says

"Phish is an American band noted for their musical improvisation, extended jam sessions, exploration of music between genres, and their "fiercely loyal fans."[1] Formed at the University of Vermont in 1983, the band's four members performed together for over 20 years until their hiatus in August 2004. The band has recently announced they would reunite for a tour in 2009 starting with three shows at the Hampton Coliseum in Hampton, Virginia."

So these shows are sold out, see the aforementioned fiercely loyal fans.

But if you happen to be in Viginia this weekend you can find your way over to stubhub were tickets are available (sorta).

I don't know how to copy the web page and put it in here.

Seat Row QTY PRICE
GA GA 2 $1,260.50 each
GA GA 1 $2,250.00 each
GA GA 4 $2,300.00 each
GA GA Up to 4 $2,900.00 each
GA GA Up to 3 $2,995.00 each
GA GA 1 $4,000.00 each
GA GA Up to 4 $4,595.00 each
3 DAY Pass *** GA - Hard tix Up to 2 $4,992.00 each
GA GA Up to 2 $5,000.00 each View Details
GA GA 1 $9,949.00 each View Details
GA GA 1 $9,998.00 each View Details
ga ga 1 $9,999.00 each View Details
GA GA Up to 8 $10,999.00 each View Details


I think they're serious. This is what Jerry knows.

I am not goign to pay 1260.50 to go to a concert by myself.
I am not going to pay 2,521 to go to a Phish concert with anyone.

Not that I don't like Phish, but I wouldn't pay 2.5k to see the beatles and that would involve resurections.

2 comments:

Abby said...

WTF is right! Just who are these Rich loyal fans??

And by the way, you put the skinny tire bike bug in my ear and I am very desirous of one now. Maybe if I give the husband the alternatives of Phish concert tickets or a new bicycle for me, he'll be agreeable to the bicycle?

Beej said...

Never even heard of Phish...but have heard of Widespread Panic who also seem to have fiercely loyal fans.