jerry's search

Custom Search

Monday, June 8, 2009

odds

So the other day I heard a tale of a gal at an Engineering school. Which got me to thinking, In Accounting at least as far as my experiance goes, it was dominated by men, but is increasingly becoming dominated by women, not that I care either way. I just noticed that all the firms I'v worked at were started by men, but in college and on staff the women out number the men, it would be a fairly safe assumption that when I am one of the old guys that women will out number the partner types as well.

But that is neither here nor there, this enginnering story got me thinking of Abby and Magnum. They met at college I think in an engineering program. Unless they met and than went to the program but I think they met there. Who knows, I mean besides abby and those of you taking notes. Anyway, This is what I learned about engineering programs for women. As far as dating goes anyway. "The odds are good, but the goods are odd." hehe that cracks me up. It also got me thinking about accounting programs, It would seem that increasingly so, at least as far as my experiance goes that the same could be said for men in Accounting.

2 comments:

Adam said...

the goods most certainly are odd, Dub.

Abby said...

That's a GOOD one! "The odds are good...". How is it you know so much about engineering school from the girls' perspective?

And yes, Magnum and I actually met IN school IN the classroom. And yes, he's pretty odd.