jerry's search

Custom Search

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Things I've learned

So for about the last 16 years or so, I have known that I know very little about what women want. They're obfuscating creatures whose motives remain a mystery to me. I had always assumed that this started around the same time that I started caring to know what women liked.

Well, as I now have a daughter, I have had several ephinays. Among these is that I am a touch more fusty than I would have liked to belive. However that is not the point of this post the point of this post, Is the lesson I learned while holding my wailing daughter. I do everything I can think of and she screams like a siren. Here mom doesn't seem to have this problem.

I have learned I have I no idea what women want, stems from them being born, not from my actually caring to figure out what they want.

4 comments:

KJ said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Herb said...

Just wait until they're teenagers and they want driver's licenses and boyfriends. The Human adventure is just beginning. hahahahahahahaha. Sorry. Just had to get that off my chest. Daughters are a reward from Heaven just as well.

Abby said...

Yeah, I was thinking what Herb was thinking. Wait 'til she's a teenager!

From my own experience, my dad taught me important stuff - like how to ride a bike and mow the grass, etc. But when I was crying, I wanted mom. It's just the way of the jungle.

Ms Smack said...

Daughters want....

* one on one time with Dad
* Dad to buy them pretty things
* Dad to understand that someone she doesn't know why she is moody one day and pleasant the next.
* Dad to be open minded and approachable... (the most important) as they grow older...

She will base her future husband on you; so be guided by that.

having a daughter is an absolute blessing.. congratulations.