jerry's search

Custom Search

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Be prepared

As a young boy scout, I learned the motto.  "Be prepared"

I have decided this is a very good lesson.  While driving into work today, some bad driver, I mean some other bad driver decided it was a good idea to exit from the far left lane.  Resulting in the guy next to me and myself being cut off.

The resulting application of the Jeep's brakes resulted in my soda shooting from between my legs to between my feet.  Which, if your keeping track, is not all that desirable of a location for a 1 liter diet coke.  The first is it is hard to drink from there, and what is the point of a refreshing early morning diet soda, if it is temptingly out of reach.   The second and likely more pressing reason is it makes shifting, stopping and or accelerating much more difficult, but never mind that.

So i get of the highway, get to a stop light, give the panhandler a $1 reach down crab my soda open it, and am showered with the golden nectar.  This sucks.  Not only is this not refreshing it is sticky.  If i wanted to be sticky I would move to Starksville.  However, I do not want to be sticky, but I do want a soda, so I have decided, tomorrow, I buy 2 soda.  I must be prepared with an emergency non shaken soda to sooth my semi-addiction based desires.

No comments: