jerry's search

Custom Search

Sunday, August 15, 2010

lucky

I am driving down the road 2 days ago, but for your purpopes, think several days ago, and I was listening to an interview with a guy whose first language was clearly not English.  I would guess farsi, or pashtoon, or some other language I can't spell, but he was from Iran/Iraq/Afgan/pakistan.  I don't remember which, likely not Iran, so one of the other three.  Anyway dude get shot in the chest.  Which seems like a bad thing so he is taken to American military medical treatment who preform surgery on him and his is in recovery for a while and then he recovers, yea.

Anyway, so the guy's doctor says, your the luckiest man in the world, another 1/4 inch and that bullet would have pierced your heart.  The guy then says, he thank the doctor but was thinking, something along the lines of, I am fairly certain the luckiest man alive didn't get shot.

Anyway, As i've recently not been shot, i was wondering if the luckiest man alive is me.  So i am going to buy a lottery ticket see who that goes.

1 comment:

Abby said...

I've often wondered at that strange comment too. Like someone is lucky because a tornado totally ripped their living room apart? Just because they were in the kitchen at the time?