jerry's search

Custom Search

Saturday, November 6, 2010

point of view

As it turns out, there is a plus side to most things, perspective is very important to how things are interpreted.  For example, I recently have been diagnosed with the gout.  Which sucks, it sucks like nothing I've ever experienced except for the last time i gout a batch of gout.  Yes this is the second time, I've gotten it.  The first time it was medication induced and in my knee, this time I am not sure why, the doctor said, my uric acid isn't elevate from it's usual level.

As the election was just over and the tea party made an impact, some of whom were wearing good old fashioned tri-corner caps and knickers, in the founding father look alike mode.  Anyway, they all claim to want to return to what our founding fathers intended but you know who has some perspective into what the founding fathers wanted?  Me, good old Ben Franklin and I both have or had to deal with the agony of gout.  While Ben, didn't have the benefit of modern medicine, he was up late at night thinking, for the love of all that is holy stop the pain. But while he was up in the middle of the night, i am guessing he was contemplating, man kind and freedom from the shackles of the gout, which led to inspire Ben to dream of freedom from the shackles of gout, or Britain, which I am pretty sure are interchangeable terms.

Completely unrelated, but on the radio, i recently heard about a study done that determined wives do roughly 400% of the amount of house work of husbands, even when both are full time employees.  This is a stupid stupid study.  I am guessing, that men and women, do not split the chores evenly.  But that isn't what the study should have done, what it should have done was determine the hours of house work by single men and compared to single women.  I am guessing the woman still does much more work then the man. 

I lived in my apt, before I got married, for about 4 years.  Do you know how often I moved the furniture around?  Just once if you count the time i put it where it went.  Do you know why? because one it is in its place that is where it goes.  It has been my experience, if you get the house cleaned, and your are sitting around women will do things like think, you know the couch would look better of there.  What kind of craziness is this?  The worst kind, because women take credit for spending all day doing house for doing tasks they invented.  Where as I can get up clean the kitchen sit down and watch tv for the next 3 to 4 hours, and then I'll if you compared who did what, the wife will have done a ton more.  However, a good chunk of what she did, didn't need to be done.

I am not going to pretend that i do as much as she does.  I am thankful for that, but I am guessing she does less than if she was single, because I contribute.

3 comments:

brandy101 said...

oof, so sorry you have gout.

The only "added/made up" housework I do is usually gardening - because now that I planted stuff, I actually have to take care of it - pruning, weeding, raking, etc.

Abby said...

I still don't know what gout is, but it sucks that you have it.

The imbalance of housework doesn't really bother me. It's just nature's way. Men go out and kill things for dinner, the women clean up.

Comedyrocks.com said...

While it sucks to have gout, there are worse things you can be afflicted with! Hang in there.