jerry's search

Custom Search

Thursday, November 4, 2010

really?

I was reading some online magazines.  While I was on Time I came accross this piece. Which is an article on Time's newfeed site about the most stolen cars in the US.  Here is the list


1. 1994 Honda Accord

2. 1995 Honda Civic

3. 1991 Toyota Camry

4. 1997 Ford F-150 Pickup

5. 2004 Dodge Ram Pickup

6. 2000 Dodge Caravan

7. 1994 Chevrolet Pickup (Full Size)

8. 1994 Acura Integra

9. 2002 Ford Explorer

10. 2009 Toyota Corolla


This list makes no sense, Say that 1994 Honda's where awesome.  How many are still out there?  I mean if in 2010 there are enough running 1994 honda's to have the top 2 stolen cars in the country it makes me think, maybe I should get a honda.

Completely unrelated to stolen cars, while maybe not completely unrealated, I watch the new karate kid and i thought, this sucks, I never imagined I would long for some crane technique.  But there i was thinking this just sucks.  Here is why, Ralph Machino played a great nerdy kid that needed to be mentored by a guy that had hidden ability.  Books are always what they seem.  I don't know the kids name but his parents are will smith and jada pinket smith.  He doesn't play the misfit very well.
 
Anyway at the end of the first movie, ralph won, but it was kinda believable.  Not really, but it wasn't just fantasy.  The end of the new one, the kid may as well have used a light saber.
 
I didn't like that.
 
I also watched hottub time machine, I like this one.  Actually it was crap.  just plain crappy crap, but it made me laugh and laughing is good. So It is exactly what a movie titled hottub time machien should be.
 
See the karate kid movie, i was expecting a cheer for the underdog, everyone can win if they try sort of movie, but what it was was a if you're a freak of nature and can do a standing backflip one leg, well it might work out for you.
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: