jerry's search

Custom Search

Saturday, April 30, 2011

words of wisdom

So i bought a nook color.  but that isn't what i am talking about, my nook cover has a quote that says something like (I know I should go look, but i prefer to not.)  "Books like friends should be few and well chosen."

First, why would i want just a few friends, should you be lucky enough to have a lot of friends?  That seems like bad advice to base a philosophy on. 

Second should a book store encourage me to have few books?  Really, that seems like a really really bad idea.  I am pretty certain that is a bad business model that encourages ignorance, but nevermind that.

IF you can't trust a giant corporation, to impart wisdom on you where is one to look?

Well, on my first aniversery, we had lunch with my wife's grandparents.  Her grandfather told me, you can lose track after 50.

Those are words to live by!

Next week is my fifth aniversery, I'll not forget that one!!!

1 comment:

brandy101 said...

hope you had a good anniversary!