jerry's search

Custom Search

Friday, October 9, 2009

What have you learned

Yesterday, someone who obvisouly doesn't know I have a blog asked me What have you learned from being a parent. I gave some thought to this and have came up with this rather short list.
  • few things can take away hours of frustration like having your baby smile at you.
  • when people ask if your baby is sleeping through the night they ask like it is a good thing, but they don't mention that when they start doing that, they're up for most of the day, which means the Jerry's Big Dog and Pony Baby Entertainment Extravagansa got a second and sometimes third act.
  • I never knew what it was like to be tired, before I am up at midnight, with my lower back screaming, my arms throbbing and holding the little girl because the pain in your arms and back doens't compare to haveing to listen to her scream.
  • I am munipulatable, even by little girls, well at least little girl and dogs, and my wife, I am starting to think I am what they mobster/villian types would call a mark.
  • Day care is expensive
  • No matter how many implementations of parenting easy you have like a bottle warmer, swing, car seat, jumper, rings, chew toys, bottle sanitizer, travel bag, stroller, front pack, or the oodles of other stuff out there, the one i want now is always the one i can't find.

That is what I've learned from parenting so far.

2 comments:

Abby said...

It's the toughest/best job in the world.

Beej said...

I agree with Abby. Also, the happiest....and the saddest. All of those things.

I sure wish we could see a pic of her. Please ask your wife...say please.