jerry's search

Custom Search

Thursday, March 4, 2010

I am one lucky fellow!

I was thinking the other day, I have to good.  I mean I shouldn't be too boastful as the other shoe will likely drop without any warning, but as for now I have it good.

completely unrelated to the prior sentence but the older I get the more I think old men with young girls is just plain creepy.   It may have to do with my having a daughter, but I doubt it, as I had developed this opinion long before the arrivial of my baby girl.  (side note, I need to think of a cool nickname to refer to her as on here).  Anyway, I saw a new story the other day where they were interview a convicted sex offeneder that had raped a 16 year old, or 3 or them or some such detail I didn't need to know and didn't pay that close of attention too.  What I noticed was dude was like 50 or 60.  That is just wrong.  When I was 16 I thought I was all grown up, now when I see high school kids, I think they're just kids.


I am in my thirites, rapidly running out of thirties, but never mind that for now.  I have a sectacularly beautiful wife, that is super hot. In part becuase she is a woman and not a girl.   Over on the magic website, I have lots of friends from high school and college and the likes, and what I have noticed of late is that the girls that I thought were pretty when I was 17 and 20 have become beautiful women.  Not that I want anything from them, and maybe they're all using pictures from glamor shots, but I some people grow into adult hood with grace and dignity, which makes them at least in a photo look like they improved over the last 20  years or so.  I don't know.

I do know that I wish I had improved over the last 20 years, but well, I haven't.  Well unless you stand me next to my family, my wife, daughter and dog are are a photgenic lot and just standing next to them makes it look like I have it going on.   Which is clearly an illusion, however, I have a little over a year to get myself into tip top shape to go to my high school reunion.

Actually that was a joke, that didn'tme across very well.  I need to get into shape for lots of reasons, none of which is to impress people I have not seen since  bon jovi was popular.

2 comments:

Abby said...

I went to my 10th reunion - kind of a waste of time really, we hadn't been gone from each other long enough.

But my husband commented on how good looking the women in my class were. Naturally, I told him, the ugly ones don't go to reunions.

Beej said...

I beg to differ with Abby. All the ugly ones were at my 15th. I was feeling pretty good about myself!

But you know, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that rot...