jerry's search

Custom Search

Thursday, March 18, 2010

reasons I am against health care reform

I suppose I shoudl add the way it is proposed. I mean I am for health care reform, just not the current plan which does nothing but tax the middle class under the guise of health care.

1. I hate government mandates. The only way this plan reduces costs is if everyone buys health insurance. Meaning healthy young people that don't buy it now, are going to be forced to buy. I am not say they shouldn't have health insurance, I seriously do like the government telling them how they can spend the money they don't take from them in taxes.

2. Why would they tax individuals making over 200 and married couples over 250? I know of at least one couple that got divorced solely for tax reasons. This is a potentially huge reason to not get married, if your rich. I would love to have this problem, which I don't. But say I made 500k mostly on interst and dividends and say I can gift an unlimited amount to my wife. right now there is no payroll tax on any of the interest and dividends. But if this law passes, they'll tax 250 of it, but if i give 1/2 of it to the wife, we get divorced, now they'll tax 150 of it, how the hell does that make sense?

3. Since this whole health care debate began when the DEMS won in 2008, Health care stocks have soared. Do you really think this is going to be bad for them?

4. OVer on opensecrets.org, you can see who gives what to congressmen.
My congressman is Ed Perlmutter, the 3 highest industry on his was health professionals and forth was insurance. I am sure he is fighting to reform health care to the detrimint of insurance companies.

5. I don't like that the Dems will not hold a vote in the senate. The rules are teh rules for a reason. I also think, that if the dems do this and lose the congress, if the GOP excludes them from everything, well you get what you deserve.

This is a rather boring post, but I am a liberal guy, who thinks the dems have turned health care reform from a good thing into a way to get more money from insurance companies.

No comments: