jerry's search

Custom Search

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Make Lemonade

So i was eating my lunch and on web, and I saw a link and I clicked on it.  Then I saw a link and I clicked on it.  I ended up at the page of some little Alabama girls CaringBridge site.  To be honest I don't know how I got there.  I certainly didn't mean to end up there, this little girl is neither my friend nor my family, and it felt really really intrusive for me to be there.  I didn't read it, as soon as i realized where i was i left the site, but not before I started thinking.  I hope she is okay!

Again it got me thinking, how good I have it right now.  I mean my little girl is as far as i know healthy.
There is nothing else I can really even hope for without a bit of shame of my greed.  I have a healthy family, what else really matters?  Nothing.

Anyway, this reminded me of the story I had heard a while back about Alexandra Scott.  She was a little girl battling cancer, who started a lemonade stand to raise money for her hospital.   She died at age 8.   Her foundation has raised over 30MM since she started it for cancer research.

The foundation is called Alex's Lemonade Stand.  

I am thankful, I don't have to deal with a sick child, hopeful that I will not have to.  Anyway, This month I made my charitable donation to this foundation.  Like the St. Jude people say "give thanks for the healthy kids in your life and give to those who are not."

Crystal Moon - World of Grayham (Book 1) (Worlds of the Crystal Moon)Crystal Moon - World of Grayham (Book 1) (Worlds of the Crystal Moon)

1 comment:

Abby said...

Yeah, stories like these really remind me to count my blessings.