jerry's search

Custom Search

Monday, September 24, 2012

Getting in shape

Someback ground information, We're moving to DC from Denver, which is entirely too far, and I was opposed to the move.  I love living in Denver, but I love my family more.  My wife and daughter have already made the move, and while I am hunting for a job I do not have one yet.  It is a slow slow process.

Anyway,  While I am here with my Bernese Mountain Dog and they are there, I am having a great deal of difficulty concentrating, making good decisions and stuff like that.  I have eaten my way to the highest I have ever spun the dial on the stupid scale,  I am going to weight my self in a little bit to know where I start this at.

Yesterday some friends whom, I'll miss, cause they're not the type of friend you keep in touch with but they're good friend to know,  I hate when you make that realization too.  Anyway  They took me to lunch at Maggiano's

She has always been a thin gal at least since we lived near her, but he was a bigger guy anyway not huge just bigger, he has dropped 30 lbs a day on "The 17 day diet" since April, I think he said,  which is good, so i read the first bit of the book and this seems entirely like a diet I can do for a couple reasons.

  • It really is a diet plan you can live on, not just a crash diet to get you to shed lbs for a while then you bail on it and balloon back up
  • It is 17 day cycles, so who can't do 17 days, to try it?
  • It doesn't require like exercise programs aimed at getting people ready to compete in the Olympics.
  • It is mostly common sense stuff, drink water, eat fruits and vegitables, lean protiens, don't get our lunch passed to you through a drive up window.
The title seems a bit commercial, and his advice about working out 17 minutes, i think that is really just to tie it to his book, I can committ to that thought, so I am about to try it, I will let you know how it goes.

The first day weight in is 199.8, which is good at least I am on the right side of 200, if only by a good bm.

Also to start with here a couple pics of me in the bathroom, well not using the bathroom for its named purpose rather using the bathroom for a mirror, I am a tubby lubber.

okay, i can't do the picture, but i'll figure it out later.

No comments: