jerry's search

Custom Search

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

home is where the heart is

As it turns out I love Colorado,  I have lived in (mostly) Utah, New Mexico, Montana (as a wee lad), Ohio, Florida, Illinois.  I love it here, I didn't like any of the other places as much.  I love the weather in Utah and Colorado, but Colorado doesn't come with the people that seem to mind whether or not you're be joining them for our oppressive cult like church services.  Not that I think the Mormons are a cult anymore than I think scientology, the Witnesses, the Shiks or any other religion is.  I just hate the culture the mormons, and likely anyone who has that strong a majority has.  While in Utah you're either part of that gang, or you're from the wrong side of the tracks.

Anyway, since my wife and daughter moved I have no desire to be here. I want to move to Virginia too.

Also some friends took me  out to eat this weekend, as I am leaving town, I have a beer or too, and way to much food, and I am right back to 197.  Aurgh.

Turns out the trick to losing weight is not eating out.  Who knew, well that and exercise.

This was Barr Lake on Saturday, it is notable cause while we where on the trail we where not by the lake, you can tell all that brushless treeless grass and sand, that is supposed to be lake.  There is a better than fair chance we're in the midst of a drought.   Barr Lake is just almost directly west and slightly north but not all the way north of DIA.  Judging from the planes, we were really close, it is out on the plains.

Anyway, On Thursday I get to go to see my family.  yea, i know i have a rule against telling people when i am leaving town and stuff, but well, the only thing in my condo are the appliances, and as it is a condo, i am guess the people next door may raise an eyebrow if you where to come in and take them.  There is also a couch/daybed i have been sleeping on, and this pc, but i am likely taking that to Virginia with me.


1 comment:

Abby said...

You're right. Home is where the heart is. I know a couple of families that live in 2 different time zones because they like Colorado, but Dad doesn't work there. I don't know, sounds like there are more issues than climate...

Utah. We lived there for about 4 years. I swear it was much longer.