jerry's search

Custom Search

Thursday, October 4, 2012

math problems

I was reading abby's post, and someone posted one of those obviously faked yet very funny tests, where the kids are horribly wrong and the test ends up on the internet.

you know like that above, and for some reason, i have been thinking about school a lot lately, like maybe I should get another degree, perhaps a masters in economics or a BS in math.  Something like that, If i can get transferred to DC they have programs for the federal employees to take classes up to 4 a year or something like that, but I wouldn't need much more than that and 2 or 3 years.

So this is my story back in I'll say 8th grade, perhaps it was 9th or maybe 7th, but it occurred to me, if they are going to go to the trouble of giving me a story problem, I should at least be considerate enough to give a story answer.

As you can probably imagine, the last thing a junior high math teacher, actually I think this was if she happens upon this post mrs. foust,  and if that was the case, it would have been 9th grade pre-algebra, or maybe just garden variety algebra.

This was all well and good, but it also lead me to do it in college, i still remember the phyiscs TA who was grading my test, and started laughing out loud that i answered some vector question or something about mass or something with, and answer that was something like the little guy packs more of a wallup.

Anyway, it turns out sometimes, or quite frequently I am a pain in the ass for the sake of being a pain in the ass.

Also I am almost to day 13 which will be in the morning, and i weighed in at 194.9  this morning, which is pretty good.









No comments: