jerry's search

Custom Search

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

reuinted and it felt so good

So i visited the family last week, from Thursday to Tuesday anyway so a five day visit, which was exactly what i needed to improve my disposition.

I had grown weary of living in my condo without my daughter here.  She makes me smile.

Anyway, as i was planning to do something rash like quit my job and go back to public accounting in order to get there quickly it occurred to me that is crazy talk.  In five years when she is playing soccer, and having dance recitals and plotting to take over the world, I don't want to miss that because it is tax season.

So i visited and had a grand old time, saw the Giant Pandas and the Red Pandas at the zoo.

Which also made me a little sad.  The Denver Zoo has one red panda, and he is always sleeping, I have visited teh zoo at least 50 times in the past 2 years, and I've never seen him running about.

I have visited the national zoo twice, and the second time I saw the pair of red pandas playing.

the Denver zoo needs to either get another red panda or give up the one the have.  I realize this is over simplistic and maybe even wrong, as some animals like to be alone except for when nature calls and there are red panda romances a brewing, but just on the surface it was sad.

No comments: