jerry's search

Custom Search

Thursday, November 22, 2012

fantasy football and other stuff

I am in two leagues this year, and in both t/he leagues my teams have exactly one player in common, and that player is reggie bush who is not starting in either, so really no players of consequence in common.

Anyway, the season started off with a bang, as I went 2-0 in both leagues, nothing wonky there. Then it happened,  I went on two concurrent and consecutive 8 game losing streaks.  Nothing out of the ordinary there, but then it happened

at 2-8, both my teams won their "game" last week, which seems odd to me.  So now my teams are 3-8.  In case you're wondering, my teams are "The sweet potatoes" and i use a stolen picture of Mr. potato head from toy story as a logo and "Attempted Murder" and i use a picture of 2 crows as a logo.  That one makes me laugh, not entirely my idea, as I stole, but it makes me laugh.

Anyway, and completely unrelated, yesterday, I signed up for an introduction to curling class, it is 2 hours in 2 sessions.  So I gots that going for me.

Thirdly, remember when Romney said he lost the election because Obama promised people gifts, well, I am headed to DC for thanksgiving, and i think I am going to go see if I can get my gift :-D.  I have been really hoping for a new car.

Speaking of new cars, some one who i think is an ass hole, hit my car in the parking lot, I got in and looked and the passenger mirror is hanging from 2 wires and bent all the way forward, ARRRGH.
I had to duct tape it up, the plastic covering to the mirror was on the ground. Who does that?  Oh well, Karma be a Beotch you don't want to anger.  In hopefully related news last Sunday, I was stuck in traffic for a while, because of an accident, they had shut the highway down, and i was sitting cursing and thinking why are we stuck, set the phone down and drive and stop texting and then i thought, we've been stopped for a while, I don't want to think badly of people who are potentially dying up there, and causing me to be late. 

Anyway, i get up to the accident, and what happened as far as i can tell is some guy, had his trailer with motorcycles and an atv lose control flip and while attached to your car this is bad, it looked like his car just fell onto its side, anyway, it was on a bridge they where doing construction on so there where no shoulders, and it is hard to move a car that is not on its wheels.  Anyway, it didn't look like anyone got hurt, just messed up stuff.  I like to think it was him that hit my mirror.




No comments: