jerry's search

Custom Search

Monday, December 22, 2008

Here is a quick test to tell how geeky you are



Who is your favorite comic book character? If your answer is someone that you like becuase of the books and not the movies, your uber geeky. If it is someone you like cause of the movies, or sorta geeky, and if you say, I don't read comic books you're just plain uppity.


Anyway my favorite is Cable. He is <------ that guy. As far as I know this is his story.


He is the son of Cyclops and Jean Grey. I think, although, he might be son of Cyclops and the Phoniex which I don't have time to get into but was really either and other dimensions Jean Grey or a clone. Take your pick as I am sure folks who read this wont know better.


Anyway he contracted a virus as a small fellow that was uncureable, so they did what ever good parent does and sent him to the future. Where he was able to get treatment, hence the metal arm, He has to hold his body together, his physic powers. However upon learning the fate of the world, as an adult he travels back to the present to save the world from destruction as a dude how is much older than his parents. There is speculation that if he didn't have to waste alot of energy on holding his non organic body parts in place that his power would consume him.


Anyway, I was looking forward to watching Desperate housewives this weekend, but I was annoyingly disappointed as it was a rerun. I got to thinking this is just a evening soap opera. Even thought It is mostly funny. It got me to thinking I like soap operas? No, but than I remembered, that the comic books all seem to be soaps only geared towards 14 year old boys.


There are love interests, rivals, deaths, fake deaths, real (fictional) deaths that the writers later choose to ignore. All in the name of entertaining me. Which is good, cause I say when it come to entertaining me, leave not stone unturned.

The only comic book series i really ever followed in book format was X-Force. However before I read comics, I had me a terrific set of Green lantern underroos. Which gets me thinking, how sweet would it be to have a set of underroos for men, in the green lanter motif?




5 comments:

Beej said...

Sah-WEET.

Not.

My favorite cartoon character was Brenda Starr. I don't have a clue what ever happened to her. She had that dashing Basil St. John to sweep her off her feet and those mysterious black orchid trips...makes me all tingly just thinking about it.

KJ said...

Oooh, you've gone and changed your blog layout...snazzy. =)

Ummm..wasn't really a big comic kinda kid. But because our old's were from Pomland, we used to really like getting the "Dandy" & "Beano" comics sent over from the UK.

Dennis the menace was my fave. =)

Hey Jerry..hope you and yours all have a great Chrissy..white Xmas no doubt!
xx

Abby said...

Easy question.

Tank Girl.

YOU watch desperate housewives??

Adam said...

Desparate Housewives = Man License Revoked

Nerdy Comic Knowledge= Man License Reinstated.

Conside yourself lucky, soldier.

KJ said...

hey, what happened to your last post?