jerry's search

Custom Search

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

savior everything

I was talking to my sister Sunday morning. It was 75 at her house and she was taking it for granted. She didn't even think that it was all that nice.

While I was talking to her, It was -11 according to the Jeep's temp thing.

Latter that morning it warmed up to like 5 without me going back out side.
It was than that I began to savor the newly found 16 degrees.

Ignoring the fact that i still needed 27 more degrees to melt the snow, it was much much nicer than -11. When it is 5 out you can really appreciate each new degree. I nearly did a cart wheel when it got up to 10. but than i remembered, i am a middle aged overweight, out of shape unlimber accountant. I thought the last thing i need is to explain this to an emergency room nurse.


I hear tale that China dogs are wimpy and don't like the cold. Well, this is not my dog. He went out side and did his business, and than wanted to stay out, so i left him out. About 10 to 20 minutes later I come to get him, and he says, no thanks I am sleeping under this tree.

The dog had taken up under a pine tree and was curled up into a circle, his nose resting on his back leg. Just in front of his nose was a bunch of frost. His breath was freezing in his hair.

I said, Neil, get your furry self inside, and this is why you don't make the choices around here, so he came in and stretched out on his pillow and continued to sleep.

I really think he was telling me, that he just wanted to sleep in, don't you know this is sleeping in kinda weather.

Sometimes he is smarter than me and knows how to savior a Sunday morning.

3 comments:

Adam said...

I'd say it's in the upper 20's and I have to say it really isn't that bad, considering when I DO feel the weather most of the time it's after 8 hours of standing over a steam table and potentially burning myself on George-Foreman-Grill wannabes.
Yes, sir, it feels good to be cold.

brandy101 said...

it was -10 here the other day, too.

I officially *hate* winter!

Adam said...

Oh, by the way, thanks for asking about NY. I just got off the phone with them. they're still interviewing.