jerry's search

Custom Search

Friday, December 5, 2008

My dog is the subject of lots of posts

I was out with my dog walking this morning it was 7° out this morning, it was cold, the snow was covered with frost. In case you're wondering, I don't know this happens but it is somewhere between 32 to 7. What happens in that range. Well the boogers freeze in your nose.

For those that might use the other less user friendly temp scale, taht is between 0 and -13 the boogers in your nose freeze.

I do not know if this is a good thing or not, On one hand it does prevent that nasty snotty frozen snot mustache. On the other hand once you have ice in your sinuses it is hard to get warm once you go in.

So i am walking the dog, and i notice he is doing a little tripod thing when ever we stop. I am on like ha your are cold lets go in. he says to me, roof, which means no.
So i leave him out and go in, come back in like 20 minutes and he has taken to lying in the snow with his little muzzle buried in the snow, so i come out and he has a frost beard. i am assuming the dog breathe melted the snow, but only so much so that the water could get to his whiskers and muzzle, dude had a full on frost beard with chuncks of ice on some whiskers.

So i say, neil, despite the fact that you think you want to be out here, I know what is best for you now come inside, to which he said roof. So i said, you want some breakfast, and he agains said roof, but this time it meant yes.

I've learned that yes and no in dog are very similar, kinda like aloha means hello and goodbye. Well Roof means yes and no.

3 comments:

Abby said...

Yeah, we had frost on our snow too. Booger freezing weather it is.

Anonymous said...

Kind of reminds me of that calvin and hobbes comic:
"Don't you hate it when your boogers freeze?"

Beej said...

It's good to know what roof means. Seriously. My dog has been saying that for 12 years and I never could figure it out.

WHERE WHERE WHERE is the picture Jerr? Where? Not acceptable.