jerry's search

Custom Search

Monday, January 26, 2009

Mysteries of the world

This morning I was ironing a pair of pants. As usually I was perplexed, not by the thought that why are pants plural all the time. and why are one pair of pants a pair by themselves? No that mystery is left for others to ponder.

Here is what happens I place pants on board smooth them all out as to not iron wrinkles into them. Iron them and than flip them over and discover the back of the pants are not wrinkle free in fact I had iron a wrinkle into them. How is a person suppose to render a non pair of pants wrinkle free if making one side of them puts wrinkles in the otherside? And how do the dry cleaners do it?

3 comments:

Abby said...

Why is a television called a "set" when there is only one?

Mysteries of the world, Jerry. Right up there with iron created wrinkles. Oh, and uhm, could you teach my husband how to iron his own pants?

brandy101 said...

Oh, Jerry, this question is exactly WHY I avoid ironing at all costs.

Although it does not explain why I avoid dusting...

Adam said...

Good questions though. I've always wondered how one gets off a non-stop flight, or what cheese says when it's getting its picture taken...still mysteries, my friend. still mysteries.