jerry's search

Custom Search

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Some people

I just got an email that had this question.

I have to issue to 1099s for people we paid for consulting, what EIN do I use?

So I call the guy all confused, thinking to myself, that can't be his question.

So I get to talking to him, and he is like should i issue them out of this company or should i issue them out of the other company because the other company has income and could use the expense.

WTF are you asking me for. HEre is a tip for you, if your going to cheat on your taxes don't tell a cpa. We can't file returns that we know or should have known are fraudulent.

If he would have just done it, The IRS and myself would most likely have never known, but since he asked, he is reporting them the proper way now.

sheesh

2 comments:

Abby said...

Go to a cpa for advice for cheating on taxes? Would that be like going to a very gay pastor to talk about sexual confusion?

No, probably not.

Beej said...

I fired my accountant and I'm getting a new one, but it's not because I wanted to cheat. It's because I think HE was being a little shady and it unnerved me.