jerry's search

Custom Search

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Taken

I was watching me some of the movie "Taken." You know the one where in the preview the guys daughter gets kid napped and he threatens them. It is a pretty good action flick but it left me with an icky feeling all over. Anyway, if you want to watch this movie you should likely stop reading, unless you feel my very thoughtful, if not grammatically correct, commentary is helpful in your movies assessment process.

Anyway, this part isn't the spoiler, he kills all the bad guys and get his daughter back. I mean what kinda of crappy action movie would it be if he didn't? No, what they don't tell you in the preview is she is kidnapped not for ransom, but to be sold into sex trade. So throughout the movies he is mingling with girls that are kidnapped, then forced to get hooked on drugs and then made to be prostitutes. He rescues one of the other girls and like I said, he kills the bad guys, but what about all the other girls? It was just sad, despite the happy ending I felt like this is just sad.

Anyway, as far as a thoughtless action flick goes I would say it was very good, however, if you ruin the experience by thinking about it, the entertainment it provides is far out weighted by the ickyness you are awashed with after viewing it.

2 comments:

KJ said...

we watched this movie a while back, Liam Neeson is great.

it's an unfortunate fact of life, that there is so much dispicable things going on in this world with which we cannot do anything about...

only today on Facebook, i came across a horrendous support group for cruelty to animals...it makes me sick what the human race is capable of.

Abby said...

Yeah, I heard this was good but I had no desire to see it. I don't like movies with disturbing plots involving kids.

I read and then watched "Deep End of the Ocean" only because I knew they get their son back eventually. And it's a chick flick.