jerry's search

Custom Search

Friday, July 31, 2009

speachless

Something just leave you speechless. I mean I was driving down the road today, and NPR had a story on the president of Syria visiting a four year old who was gang raped. So anyway, the piece was introduced and then they said first we'll speak with the girl's father, and then they gave the disclaimer that you might find some of what you hear disturbing.

I was thinking, shouldn't that have preceded even the introduction? and what is up with the might? What they should said is something more like, next we're going to talk about some sick and twisted shit, that at the very least should make feel sickened, and if what you're about to hear doesn't leave you sad, angry and a little frightened, you should immediately and pre-emotively register as a sex offender.

Anyway, I didn't listen to the story, because it was sickening, so i change to sports talk radio and then after a while I change back and they're talking about how some fisheries have recovered do to the protections placed on them, sometimes 2 decades ago.

I got to thinking how the hell do you segue from one story to the other. Was there a story in the middle i missed? Despite the fact I didn't listen to the story about the little girl, I am appalled by it.

2 comments:

brandy101 said...

that is horrible. Ugh.I wonder if what was more horrible was the crime, itself, or how the girl was treated in that society AFTER?

Abby said...

I find stories like that highly disturbing.