jerry's search

Custom Search

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The Visitor

So i was looking for a movie to watch today, and I came accross the Visitor. I remember the people on NPR reviewing so I gave it a watch. Also if your looking to watch this movies again stop reading, but on the other hand I may save you a few hours if you continue on.

So here is the movie summed up. Dude is depressed becuase his wife has passed away, he can't find meaning in his life, he ends up going back to new york where he has an apartment he hasn't used in years. Someone has rented this apartment to a couple. They volunteer to leave, but dude feels bad so he lets them stay while they try to figure things out. So the dude renting the apartment is from Syria i think, and plays the drums, he is teaching the old sad dude to play the drum.

Anyway, they're going through the subway and dude get hung up with his drum in the turn style and the transit police think he jumped so they arrest him. Anyway, he gets arrested sent to immigration and is deported, he is seperated from his girlfriend and sent back to syria where his father died from a sickness he recieved while in prision for an article he wrote.

End of movie.

WTF, i want a happy ending, if i wanted a sad ending, I would watch the news.

3 comments:

brandy101 said...

I wont be renting that one; thx for saving me the trouble!

How is the baby???

Beej said...

Think I'll skip that one. Thanks Roger Ebert!

Abby said...

I think I remember seeing previews for this and thinking, "maybe....". Thanks for helping me decide "NO!"