jerry's search

Custom Search

Monday, November 24, 2008

frustration

No particulars just a general sense of frustration with the world as a whole. Clearly it is the world and not me that has a problem.

Or that could be me and the world is the same.

Since people want more to work with I think it is 2 things.
  • First I am gaining weight and I don't know why. I am not exercising like abby, but I went to spin twice last week and went swimming twice, so I worked out four days last week. That pisses me off. I don't think my diet has changed.
  • Second the holidays stress me out. This stems from upbringing. Christmas and thanksgiving in a house run by alcoholics was at best not fun. My brother in laws call my sisters the Christmas Bitches. I dont know how to get out from under this cloud even though, I will not be involved with my family this holiday season.
So there you have it.

4 comments:

Beej said...

You are gaining weight because you love your wife so much you don't want her to feel bad about gaining weight during her pregnancy. It's empathy, not just sympathy. See how sweet you are?

And as far as the holidays go, you need to start some new, happier traditions that you can look forward to next year.

The world really is a mess, but I think the only part of it we can really deal with is the little piece that we stand on.

KJ said...

*e-hugzz*

i heard that some people tend to put on weight the more they try to lose it...

i know when i stop trying, it falls off! so...perhaps if you just give it a bit of a rest, it may slip away while you're not looking! =)

sympathy with the whole chrissy season etc.. i get a bit depressed with it all unfortunately.
it's so different for so many people, that no one family is the same. i would love our christmas to be like that whole Hallmark greetings card thing..but it 'aint, and i gotta deal with it. you just do the best you can, and try to make your 'own' chrissy traditions..especially now you have your very own family unit..you/wife/neil diamond/and now lttle bub! =)

brandy101 said...

You, the Mrs and Neil Diamond are welcome to fly to Chicago and have Thanksgiving with my little crowd of 3.

As far as Christmas, I totally know what you mean - my husband grew up in a similar household and the one year we did Christmas with his family, well, I just wanted to cry the whole time, it was sooooo dismal.

So we go out to Philly to hang with my kooky-but-functional family. You would be welcome there, too!

:)

Abby said...

Okay, thanks for clarifying.

I think beej is spot on about the weight gain thing. Happens to a lot of pregnant guys.

When I first started doing "family gatherings" with the husband, I found it so strange that they could be so God-awful. You are definitely not alone. We just don't do holiday with them, but we can't totally avoid them, try as we might.