jerry's search

Custom Search

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Top Eighties songs

I was watching me some "100 greatest songs of the 80s" on VH1, when I had this thought, If i were to make a list it would be much much different. Out of a lack of blogging ideas, and a audience that is hovering between nonexistent and apathetic. I can say your apathetic and non existent because you wont give me blogging ideas. I chose to make my own list. Here is it in no particular order, but the first few songs were the ones that popped into my head first, so I say they are higher. Also I tag all of you who happen to read this to do the same. And the only rule is, you can't list a bunch of songs by the same band. (Also for me the talking heads and violent femmes are mostly ninties bands, becuase that is when I listened to them).

  • Girls, Girls, Girls - Motley Crue
  • Pour some sugar on me - Def Leppard
  • Touch of Grey - The Grateful Dead
  • Violent Playground - Nitzer ebb
  • Bring the Noise - Public Enemy
  • Cold Blood - Kix
  • Youth Gone Wild - Skid Row
  • Friends in low places - Garth Brooks
  • Moni Moni - Billy Idol
  • Crazy Train - Ozzy
  • Back in Black - ACDC
  • Black Velvet - Alannah Myles
  • Money for Nothing - Dire Straights
  • Mr. Brownstone - Guns and Roses
  • Permanent Vacation - Aerosmith
  • Nothin but a Good Time - Poison
  • Ican't get this to move the type back over there. oh well
Maybe this will work

Hum that odd, oh well. Anyway, that is my list that I thought of in less than 10 mintues. I am not claiming these are the best songs of the 80s. Those are the songs that popped into my head when thinking of the 80s. About 1/2 of them are tied to specific memories. And about 1/2 i played the tapes too until they wore out.

So now you have to make your list. but instead of the 80s, I say make it what ever decade you consider yourself a child of. If your a child of the 50's so be it. or the 90s so be it.

4 comments:

Abby said...

I would probably include anything/something from REO Speedwagon. Those guys were all over high school (my 80's).

brandy101 said...

I was way more into New Wave/Pop/Punk. Never cared for hair-metal bands.

Pretty much everything 80s that pops into my brain is from England:

Duran Duran
The Clash
Wham!
Flock of Seagulls
Madness
Elvis Costello
English Beat
Haircut 100
Japan
Scritti Politti (technically from Wales)
Adam & The Ants
Sex Pistols
The Smiths
U2 (ok Irish, but still UK)
Simple Minds (Scottish, also still UK)

Beej said...

Val Halen - Jump 1984

That was the BIG song the year I graduated.

KJ said...

heya jerry.. this looks like something i will like! love me my memes. =(

also...thought i'd let you know...my old blog has "dissapeared"..don't ask..long story.

will be updating my new blog soon to explain the why's/wherefores...

so yeah... new blog..just click on my profile. =)

catchya!