jerry's search

Custom Search

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Smile, it could be worse

So here i am with my head ringing, and working on a spectacular saturday in Septemer. I was thinking, this sucks, woe is me and all stuff. Nevermind, I passed a couple people panhandleing on the way in, that should have made me realize that over Jerry has it better than good, things are freaking great.

I mean i am fairly young, if you hang with the right crowd. Of the 7 people in my office i am younger than 5 of them, so i got that going for me. My house isn't getting forclosed on, I have a job, my baby is healthy and beautiful. My wife is healthy and beautiful, it is some what less than suprizing that my daughter is beautiful given the gene pool she got to pick from. I am thankful she looks more like her mom than me, although she does have a little hint of a chin butt, that is all me.

Anyway, despite everything being great i was lamenting my lot in life earlier today. So i get into the parking lot and there are a bunch of cars here. I think that is odd for a saturday. On the way to the door there are a couple of women hugging and obviously trying to lessen the outward signs of having just gotten an good cry on, and i think that sucks. So I go into the building lobby and there is a sign that says something like this.

The dealing with terminal illness group is meeting on the second floor.

That just sucks!!!

I think I'll work with a much better attitude today.

3 comments:

Becca said...

it sounds like your day turned out pretty good. :)

You're a good guy, and that's what counts, right?

Abby said...

Wow, there is a definite theme here.

I just came from reading a blog with this similar topic. After just feeling sorry for myself over piddly stuff yesterday.

Thanks, Jerry!

brandy101 said...

Wow...signs.

I was just talking w. a friend of mine - both of us fretting, in varying degrees, over finances...and then I noted that I remember that I mailed a get well card to a mom of kids at my daughter*s school...this young mom has stage 4 cancer and is in bad shape. It is so hard on everyone...but it made my friend and I realize that our problems are temporal.

Take care!