jerry's search

Custom Search

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

times have changed

Times have changed in a lot of ways, but this in a small change well actually a big change societally speaking but this is a small sign of it. I went to my box of checks to get a new check book and i notice there are only 2 books of checks left which is 50 checks. I think or a 100, I don't know, but the thing I noticed was the second to last book said "time to reorder checks." Seriously there probably was a period of time when 50 checks didn't last very long, but here is a list of people we right checks too. Church, Registar my car. I can't think of any others. 50 checks is going to last me at least 6 months perhaps and likely more.

Not to self, don't buy stock in check making companies.

Side note, the other day i wrote about 5 hour energy.

So the wife and I were at costco, and while i was noticing the case of NyQuill I also noticed the big ass jar of b-12 supplements. It had 12000% of your allowance. I guess 8000 seems like less.

personal story, when i first went to the sleep doctor, he told me to take a B, E, and D supplements, because a lack of any of the 3 could mess with your sleep patterns. I've wondered for a long time, is that true or did the guy just want to recommend that I get more BED?
_______________________________________________________________

Speaking of Doctors, I saw another commercial that made me mad, about the health care reform debate, it said, if we give coverage to 50MM people there will be a doctor shortage. Seriously you think? Of course there will be, there already is one. Google doctor shortages and you'll find lots of stories about hospitals denying to offer services because of lack of doctors, or there are no doctors in rural america. That sort of thing, but that is not what made me made this is what made me mad.

This arguement is basically, people shouldn't get to see a doctor so that I don't have to wait to see mine. Really that is it. The message is if your poor go die in an overpass or something. Anyone who makes this arguement in my opinion is an evil vile person.

The health care reform debate is lost already in my opinion, when I say lost I mean nothing is going to happen. You want to know why, well here is what I think. When Hillary tried to get health care passed, something like 25 to 30 million americans didn't have coverage, now it is 50 million. If we don't change it, will that pace continue? I think it will for a few factors, infact I think it will speed up becuase, people with insurance already pay for people without. When someone without or even with lacking coverage goes to the emergency room and doesn't pay, or gets cancer treatment and declares bankrucpty the people that have coverage pay the hospitals for the losses on those patients. The more people without the higher the cost for those with, the faster the costs go up, the faster employers start dropping coverages. So forth and so on. Anyway that is just what I think, so if we wait another 16 years will 100MM or more american lack coverage? If so, will anyone be able to afford coverage?

Anyway, that is just what I think, but there are some serious flaws with the current system, like, how come it is tied to my job, I don't let my employeer buy auto, life, or home insurance for me, why do they (employeers) get tax benefits that I don't individually? Why aren't individuals allowed to organize insurnace purchasing pools? and why are there restrictions on who can offer insurance where? Wouldn't it be much more competitive is I could shop around and buy a plan I liked, either individually or with a group? Changes like this would likely at least slow the rate of insurance cost increases, but here is the catch.

Democrats won't let that happen, why would they, they believe a public option is the moral and ethical think to do (I am assuming they believe this; for the sake of this lets assume that they have genuine inentions.) In order to see what they have decided is the moral and just outcome, the current system must fail. The GOP right now has the power to stop the public option, butlack the power to change anything. All Democrats have to do is wait, for 100MM uninsured Americans, or 200MM or what ever the number ends up being that pushes us over the top. At somepoint the current systems will collapse.

I actually do think for the most part both sides of this arguement believe their idea is better, however those crazy people running the ads I am talking about clearly are using fear to manipulate the audiance. They're probably paid for by Health Care Companies, who gain the most from the status quo at least for now.

1 comment:

brandy101 said...

What drives me bananas are the people screaming this insanity about *socialized medicine.*

The Public Option is just the govt creating a cheapo insurance plan that people can choose to buy into. I can understand people taking issue with the COST of doing that, but yeah, any other excuse - like it will make the line to see a doctor longer - is silly and mean-spirited.

I am still chuckling about your doctor recommending your daily allowance of B.E.D.!