jerry's search

Custom Search

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Health Care reform

So healthcare "reform" looks like it is going to pass, I am unsure if i like it or not.  I did a little research, as I am a geek that way, and made this discovery.  Since Obama took office, United, Humana, (and a bunch of (other companies whose names I didn't write down, but i did their stock symbols), WCG, CI, AGP, HS UAM, WLP, MDF and someother, who I can't read my own writing to tell if ti si ANI or AM anyway of all the companies I looked at only 1 had a stock priced lower than the day obama won the election.

It seems to me if we were really going to have health care/insurance reform their stocks wouldn't have more than doubled (a few had) in that time frame.  If anyone is going to benefit from the healthcare reform it would look to be the health insurance companies.

That doesn't sound like a good thing to me.

However, I think we need to fix our healthcare system for a lot of reasons, none them is addressed by this reform but nevermind that.  

I am tepid at best that what we're going to get passed will do anything.  I think it will be years before it passes, mean how can the govenrment mandate everyone has health insurance.  Where are they given the authority in the constitution to do that?  I am asking that as a serious question as i do not know the answer.  

I would be against it, except for this little nugget.  I've talked to 4 dr. this month, 3 as doctors 1 as a client and asked what they think about it, and they all said they support it becuase the current method has to change, even if it is not a good change at least they'll start moving.

So since 4 out of 4 doctors I spoke with, I guess you could say 5 out of 5 since one office has a husband wife and the husband said we support it, as that is who my appointment was with, so i asked him, but anyway, ever dr. I've asked supports it.

No comments: