jerry's search

Custom Search

Monday, December 21, 2009

What to do?

So the other day, my daughter got $20.00 bucks for Christmas from one of her Aunts.
I thought great, that will get me some soda, a magazine and maybe a candy bar.

Then I though, there is something wrong with me spending her gift money on me. Despite the fact that the holiday season is upon us, and she could give her dad a little something, but i figure until she can at least walk, maybe I'll hold off on buying the Wii, as a gift from her to me. Although that would be a good gift, I do like that my daughter is thoughtful (although fund deprived) like that.

It turns out that fairly close to my office, not really close, I can't see it out my window like I can the pool, but never mind that, there is a place called Young Americans Bank.

It turns out that Bill Daniels, a rich old guy, but also a guy that thought, you know people should know more about finances. He is the same guy that the University of Denver named their business school after the Daniels school of Business. He had a chunk of change to spend. Turns out that Daniels was called "The father of modern Cable Television." Although I am unsure who calls him that, and I am unsure if that is a good or a bad thing. I do know this, that guy is to blame for me having to flip through a lot more channels to find out nothing is on.

Side Bar
Everyone is blaming looking for reasons the childhood obesity problem in the US. Perhaps this guy is partially to blame. When I was growing up at 2:00 pm on a Wednesday in the summer, I would turn on the TV, flip through, be no no no no no no no no no, turn the TV off and go do something else. These days, by time you've flipped through the entire channel line up new programing has started and you can start over, therefore there is no getting up. This is my own theory, but well, it might have some measure of truth behind it.

Back to my post.

Dude had a chunk of cash to spend so he starts a bank and a charitable organization aimed at teaching the little fellows about money. I think this bank is awesome, their mission is to teach young people about finances. That is pretty sweet!

2 comments:

Abby said...

Somebody should teach them. I don't think I'm doing so good at it.

I had to actually get UP to change channels. Life was tough back then.

Beej said...

I wish somebody would have helped me a little bit LONG AGO.