jerry's search

Custom Search

Monday, July 5, 2010

Independence

I was at church on sunday, and the Pastor was giving a rather moving tribute to those who've died in service of our country.

Not that I am entirely sure Canada and Austraila would have had the same history if ours was different, but he was talking about how without people willing to die fighting for freedom in the revoluntary war we wouldn't have it today.

Which is likely true but at the same time Canada, Austrailia, India, all seem to be fairly similar to us in their freedoms, without a violent start.  While Iraq, Iran, Isreal are not and they started with a revolutionary war.

I am not even sure what my point is here, it is just a thought that popped into my head.

On the plus side, we get to celebrate kicking the Brits asses every ever, and what do the Canadians get Boxing day.   I really don't know if they have an independce day or something similar and I don't know what boxing day is, it shows up on my calanders.

No comments: