jerry's search

Custom Search

Friday, July 23, 2010

Student Loans

The Official Guide for GMAT Review, 12th EditionSome of you may know I have earned an MBA at Xavier.  The one in Ohio.  The Jesuit one.  The Jesuits while offering a quality education, do so at a price.  In case you don't know, as I didn't here is a helpful list of Jesuit Schools.
  • Boston College
  • Canisius College
  • College of the Holy Cross
  • Creighton University
  • Fairfield University
  • Fordham University
  • Georgetown University
  • Gonzaga University
  • John Carrol University
  • Le Moyne College
  • Loyola University Maryland
  • Loyola Marymount University
  • Loyola University Chicago
  • Loyola University New Orleans
  • Marquette University
  • Regis University
  • Rockhurst University
  • Saint Joseph's University
  • Saint Louis University
  • Saint Peter's College
  • Santa Clara
  • Seattle University
  • Spring Hill College
  • U. of San Francisco
  • University of Scranton
  • Wheeling Jesuit University
  • Xavier University.
I know it is a lot of them who knew?, I mean other than the Jesuits.  Not being a catholic, I don't know the difference between a Jesuit and a non jesuit school.  Notre Dame for example is catholic but not jesuit same with Dayton.  Anyway, the catholics educate a fair number of folks, which I suppose is good.

And here is my review of the difference between my experience at public institutions and private institutions.  I took classes at lets count, CEU, U of U, SLCC, SUU,  UNM, and XU.   A fair sampling of schools.  Anyway, the private school was by far more expensive, not even comparable really.  However, the experiance with the school was night and day.  Of course I was a graduate student, but they helped me every step of the way.  They helped with financial aid, they helped with scheduling.  They even helped me arrange to take 2 classes at UNM and transfer back because it saved me about $7k.  At public school everything was left up to me.  Which may or may not explain why it took me 8 years to get a BS and 11 months to do an MBA.  This has nothing to do with my impitus for posting but here is a piece of higher education advice for all you are taking it.  If you or your children are the responsible sort, Public school will save a truck load, if they are the sort of kids that will spend nearly every hour of every day trying to figure women or how to get women to like me, well perhaps the guidence and direction the administration of a private school offer is a good investment. 

But that isn't why i write.  While getting my post graduate degree I got me some loans, I was at the company that currently holds my student loans making a payment today.  And in the top right hand corner of the login page was a little box that said,  "Find us on Facebook!"

Seriously WTF is that?  Do i want banks as friends?  I am perplexed by it.   I have a very liberal policy for accepting friends on FB, here is is, Ask, and don't be someone I owe money to, that is pretty much it, well I suppose, don't ask to borrow money, don't be creepy and if you're a convicted violent felon, perhaps i am not your people, but other than that I will accept you as a friend.

I have several bands, companies, and non people as friends, but I don't owe any of them money.  What if I get hit by a bus, due to karma biting me right in the hindend, and am in a coma, do i really want the bank to post to all my other friends, Jerry is late with his loan payments.  Not that I am late, I am just wondering wny the want to be my friend.

3 comments:

Duble said...

also no idea, why a link to the GMAT prep course is in teh top part that makes little sense.

Abby said...

It must be big brother! That's weird. BTW, I own that book - it was thrust upon me by my employer and is lovingly known as "OG".

It's also weird to friend a bank on facebook. I see similar ads with other businesses and wonder, who is that hardup for facebook friends?

I never knew that about the Jesuits and all those colleges.

Anonymous said...

ativan medication generic ativan - ativan side effects tingling