jerry's search

Custom Search

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Kids = Germs

I am sick, not like typhoid sick or the clap, just your garden variety sick.  Lung butter, and nasal pudding in ample supply, slight fever, and a overall sense of being tired, which my be from several things, a. having a baby, b. having gone snow boarding yesterday, c. putting forth the energy to think of reasons, why I am sick.

However, last week we kept the spawn home from daycare for two days becuase of symptoms that are similar to what i've got and at her day care, a few (3) kids have confirmed cases of rvs. Which as my doctor explained looks like a cold, only it can be worse especially if you have what she called whimpy white males. By whimpy she meant premature.  As my daughter is none of those things, the doctor said just watch her and if she starts to have trouble breathing, i.e. using her stomache muscles to breathe or flairing her nostrails to breathe bring her in, if not don't worry about it, becuase I can't do anything anyway. 

Back to my story, I googled RSV virus to see, if that is what i have and given my lack of epidimelogical skills, I have decided I do not have that virus, I think I gots the regular cold virus.  Anywho, On the mayo clinic's website it has this warning.

"Seek immediate medical attention if your child experiences difficulty breathing, runs a high fever or turns blue in color. "

So Jerry's guide to parenting this week says, if you wait till you child turns blue to go to the doctor, perhaps you need to get some parenting tips from someone more qualified than yourselves.    Which does not include me.

Side note and another problem no one warns  you about when you become a parent.  About the time the kids learn to crawl, the degree of difficulty for your average diaper change is significantly increased.
This little nugget should be told to all new parents.

2 comments:

Beej said...

There are SO many things that nobody ever told me about parenting. My eldest is 15 now. A whole, entirely new ballgame. I just wanted a baby...and here I have a teenager. Nobody reminded me THAT was gonna happen.

Abby said...

I think being a parent is like riding a roller coaster. Just when you think you can't freak out anymore, something else awaits around the corner.

Let us know if you start to turn blue.