jerry's search

Custom Search

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Chasing Beaver

This morning at the crack of early, (It was predawn, and I don’t know an expression for predawn early) my dog decided that he needed to go outside. As it was not yet dawn and my dog feeling this lack of dawn was negatively impacting my mood, decided that he would do his best impersonation of Don Juan and chase some beaver. Which if the lighting is just right and I am in the mood, is a good time but not this early in the morning. So as dog lustfully takes off in pursuit of the ever-so elusive beaver, I followed, mostly because well, I was attached via a leash. (I am fairly certain I am supposed to decide where we go, but never mind that) My dog, as most dog is aided by a low center of gravity and four wheel drive, once we were on the pond it was him leading me and me trying not to fall on the ice while trying to explain to him that despite the fact the ice comfortably held the beaver, I find it highly unlikely the beaver weighted 305lbs. Not that I weight 305 but the dog and I are a combined 305 (Thankfully the ice held and the beaver escaped (again).


The mutt, (who is technically not a mutt) is nothing if not an eternal optimist. For 2 years now he has been chasing this beaver, I am not sure if it is a family of beavers or a swinging single pad, but he never passes up a good effort at catching some beaver, and by the lusty look in his eye, I am fairly confident he was certain he was going to get lucky this time.

2 comments:

Abby said...

That's a lot of beaver chasing. Maybe you shoud get Neil fixed? Or... something?

Well, Beavers ARE nature's engineers, y'know.

Btw, yes I took the LSAT. I took it through Kaplan in order to be qualified to teach. I scored in the upper 160's about a year ago. I'm curious to know if I could score better now. Lots of people "hate" that test. Job security.

Adam said...

Nicely written, Jerr lol