jerry's search

Custom Search

Monday, January 4, 2010

There is an App for that

sugar Most everyone I know has a smart phone, perhaps that is an exaggeration, a lot of the people I know have smart phone (thanks to my 10th grade english teacher, I know neither alot nor a lot are correct. After about five years of blogging is now really the time to start concerning myself with gammer, I think not!)  Anyway, I see the commercials saying there is an app for that for the iphone and I see commercials for Verizon saying there is a map for that.

I have a free phone and do you want to know why I do not have a smart phone.  Well there are several reasons, among them is they're expensive and  data plans are about 20 bucks a month. If i spend 20 bucks and the wife and the dog and the baby we're at 80 bucks a month on data, do i need that much data in my phones?  I like texting and calling, I don't need my phone to tell me when a movie starts or anythnig like that, and I certainly don't need my spam delievered to my phone.

However there is one app that I would pay for but I've yet to see it offered.  Here is what I want from a expensive cell phone. 

Say if someone is out walking a dog and decideds to cross what looks like a solidly frozen beaver pond with the dog, only to discover that the pond is less than solidly frozen. So this person goes home and in a fit of near frostbite induced convulsions, strips off his pants, socks, and shoes becuase they're wet upto his knees and then does the only smart thing a person in such a situation could do, and throws the nasty water tainted articles of clothing in the wash machine.

I want a phone that will still work a few minutes later when my less chilly self realizes that the phone and the wallet are in the wash machine, but no, there is not an app for that, so I buy the cheap phones :-D


Also in response to my last post, abby wanted to know what is right about pink frosting.  This is a question that only someone that dwells in Yurts and runs more than a 1000 miles a year would ask.    What is right with pink frosting is known to people who fit the following profile.
  • Men*
  • Lefthanded
  • Steelers fans
  • CPA's
  • MBA's
  • A- blood type
  • I am pretty sure that you must have leveled a holy priest to 80 in Warcraft.
  • Have read more than 30 of Stephen King's novels.
  • Have narcolepsy
  • lack the ability to spell well
* yes i am a men all by myself!

If you fit I'll say 5 of those then you will know what is right about pink froasting on a sugar cookie, if you don't, well perhaps that nugget of knowledge will perpetually elude you.

No comments: